Banh Mi Sandwich2012-03-17
- Yield : 3 Sandwich
- Servings : 3
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 50m
- 2 8-inch long pieces of a light, airy french baguette
- Mayonnaise or softened butter
- Soy Sauce or Maggi Seasoning for drizzling
- 2-3 cups grilled, sliced, boneless-skinless
- 4-6 thin slices English cucumber, seeded
- Pickled Daikon and Carrots (Recipe Below)
- 6 cilantro sprigs
- Jalapeño, thinly sliced
- Sriracha Chili Sauce (Optional)
Slice each piece of baguette in half horizontally, stopping before you cut all the way through to leave a hinge. Lightly toast the baguette pieces in the oven until just barely crusty and set aside to cool for a moment.
Generously slather the inside of each baguette with mayonnaise or softened butter and sprinkle with a few dashes of soy sauce or Maggi seasoning.
Layer in warm slices of grilled five-spice chicken and top with 1/3 cup pickled daikon/carrots, cucumber, cilantro and a few slices of jalapeño.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
Average Member Rating
(4.7 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.