- Yield : 4
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 45m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 60m
4 cups all purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 – 1 3/4 cups water
1. Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Add water gradually, mixing until soft and pliable into a smooth dough.
3. Knead well (this is key )and place into a bowl.
4. Cover with damp cloth and leave for approx. 30 minutes.
5. Divide dough into four pieces and shape into round balls.
6. Rest for another 10-15minutes.
7. Roll each ball of dough on a floured board into a flat round shape, ½ inch thick.
8. Heat tawa over medium flame until moderately hot
9. Place roti on tawa until it rises, bubbles appear and is lightly browned on the underside.
10. Turn to other side and cook.
11. Pull tawa partially aside to spin the roti over the direct fire to swell or sakay the roti. Cut into quarters and serve with everything!
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe